Yes. You read it right. It’s the Olympics 2020.
It’s not until four years from now. Heck, Olympics 2016 isn’t even over yet. But, I have to plan ahead. And plan good. This is a world-renowned event and a simple miscue in the planning (and execution) could mean me not being able to go to the event.
It has been a dream of mine to attend the Olympics. And Tokyo 2020 will be the most accessible to me. If I let this pass, when will Asia host the Olympics again? I’m taking this opportunity!
These are my plans:
- Attend a week of the Olympics and extend for a week more.
- Watch volleyball and gymnastics events.
- See a lot more of Japan.
- Put a portion of my salary in a bank account which I cannot withdraw from
- Plan as early as possible (like, right now)
- Save my vacation leaves for 2019 and apply it to 2020.
- Hope and pray that the planning goes to fruition
I have an accomplice as early as now. And we vow to be buying our tickets to Tokyo as early as August 2019. But, other than the Olympics, we also plan to buy a 14-day (21 if need be) JR Pass and visit the following cities:
We’re looking into fitting all of them into a good schedule.
This entry is a promise. This entry is a reminder that this item on my bucket list should be crossed off by the time August 2020 comes.