Taken at: Sebastian’s in Mandaluyong City, Philippines
Sebastian’s is the premier artisan ice cream from Manila (based on their Facebook page). In the Ortigas area, it can be found in the 4th floor of The Podium Mall.
They offer various Filipino comfort food flavors such as:
- Champorado (chocolate rice porridge) that can be topped with candied dilis (smoked fish)
- Sapin-sapin, a local rice cake with various flavors such as jackfruit, coconut, and taro
- Green mango with bagoong (fish paste)
There are also the usual ice cream flavors such as:
- Cookie Dough
And, there are those that are fit for the month of February:
- Matinong boyfriend (a fine boyfriend) – raspberry sorbet, bittersweet chocolate ice cream, and rum
- Matinong girlfriend (a fine girlfriend) – cheese ice cream, crunchy cheetos
- Closure – passion fruit tea ice cream, dayap zest
- Unresolved Issues – bitter gourd sorbet, candied bitter gourd
These may all sound weird but I’ve tasted them. Unresolved Issues are kind of weird but has nice taste. While the sapin-sapin (photo above) is my favorite. It has a lot of flavor and isn’t too sweet. They captured the jackfruit correctly and there’s latik found within the ice cream itself.
So if you’re bored with your usual ice cream, you can drop by the store and grab a cone / cup for at least PHP 100. Prices depend on the flavor you’re ordering.