Here’s the trailer for one of the most talked about Korean drama of 2016.
Descendants of the Sun is awesome sauce in almost every level. Let me count the ways:
- Song Joong Ki is adorable. You need a leading man that is both strong and cute. Song Joong Ki as Captain Yoo Shi Jin does that. And he does it so well.
- Connection with the leading lady should be strong. The chemistry betweeen Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo is without fault. The banter between them is so smooth you wouldn’t think it was acting.
- It gives you a mix of action and romance.
- It has a lot of relevance. Working for a peacekeeping unit in Uruk, it tackles a lot about world issues today like poverty and human trafficking.
- I loved the dilemma each of them have. The doctor questioning her oath. The soldier divided between his country and the love of his life.
- Cinematography. With a lot of the scenes shot in Greece and the mountainous area of Taebaek, the series has a lot of opportunities to show great landscape. Plus, the camera work was just commendable.
These are some of the things at the top of my head. It placed itself on the top of my list for the best Korean dramas. And that list includes Coffee Prince and The Moon that Embraces the Sun.
So, if you haven’t seen the series yet, I suggest that you do.